History of St Albans Old People’s TrustThe story of St Albans Old People's Trust starts with the shipping magnate Mr Harold C.C. MMcIlwraith, a director of the White Star Line and his country home Glen Almond in King Harry Lane, St Albans.In July 1916 he lent his home to the Commonwealth Government and the Australian Imperial Forces used it as a convalescent home for the sisters and nurses of the Australian Army. It closed in December 1918.During World War II the building was used as a headquarters for MI6 as a base for intelligence activities such as training spies. After the war it became a training centre for the civil defence.The TrustThe funds raised from the sale of the Home and lands have been invested and managed by St Albans Old People's Trust. Further legacies including two properties in St Albans have been added to the Trust's investment portfolio. All income from the Trust's assets is used to assist residents of the City & District of St Albans aged 60+ in need, hardship or distress.If you with to donate or leave a legacy please see the “Donating” page or contact the Clerk to the Trustees for more information(see "Contact Us").Copies of the Trust's Annual Report and Accounts may be obtained from the Clerk or on the Charity Commission website www.charity-commission.gov.uk (enter charity name or reg. no. 222522 in the search panel).
Ut id veniam quis in ut do dolore anim laboris ut mollit. Voluptate id dolore. Incididunt in proident in excepteur laboris, cupidatat, amet exercitation excepteur magna.